Monday, May 17, 2010

Cancun, Mexico


I arrived in Cancun, Mexico 6 days ago, to begin a life here. I am now looking for a job, for a new apartment, and finding my way as I begin to settle down a bit. For 10 months I have been on the road, from city to city, hostel to hostel, constantly meeting new friends and always starting something new, something fresh everyday. Now is a time for reflection, for settling a bit, for starting a new beginning. One year ago, I would never guess I would be living in Cancun. One year ago, I had no idea I would be so incredibly lucky, meeting the most amazing people, beginning a new relationship with a wonderful man, becoming independent. One year ago, If I had to guess what I would be doing now, I would probably say. "sitting in an office making a steady paycheck." But I decided to take the Road Less Traveled. I decided to rely on the universe for my nurturing, for my care. Do I regret one thing? Not at all. The growth I have endured in the last 10 months has been unprecedented. I know more about myself now than I have ever known my entire life. I know what I want in my life.

Cancun is a big city, not at all in the same likability category of many cities in Mexico, but it is international, and it allows me to make money, save a little, and live in a cheap apartment close to the wild yet delicate Caribbean sea.

We never know what is next in life. We cannot make plans for 10 years from today. Life has different plans. God has different plans. It is important to respect those plans. Instead of getting upset when things don't go as planned, let's embrace the flow of life and remember all is well. God does not make mistakes. All paths are unique. All paths are different. I respect you and I respect your unique path.

Love and light always,

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment