Tuesday, August 3, 2010

August 4th, my day of re-birth


We are all one, unified people. We are all connected. Brothers and sisters, please recognize the unity. It is time.

After 24 years of a very fulfilled life, packed with fear, happiness, doubt, joy, love, hate, ego, spirit, heart, confusion, misguidance, fully on purpose, getting off track, getting right back on again, feeling completely frustrated with the world, depressed beyond belief, ecstatic and joyous beyond belief, drugged out, completely sober, laying on train tracks in Portland Oregon, getting crowned Homecoming Princess in High School, drinking 40's on the streets of San Francisco, getting lost in Seminary of downtown Oakland, wandering the streets of Venezuela at night, crossing Colombian borders with illegal US dollars, dancing at clubs underage, playing drums at Hippy Hill, smoking hash in the Himalayan mountains, skateboarding to the local drug store, getting caught stealing underwear from American Eagle stores, experiencing death of my father at the age of 13, watching my family struggle financially, watching my family gain success financially, eating Burger King everyday, eating organic Kale salads everyday, overdosing on processed sugared foods, falling in lust, falling in love, screaming until the tops of my lungs burst, blaming other people for my own problems, taking responsibility for my own problems, looking at the stars and feeling absolutely lost and misguided, looking at the stars and feeling curious, looking at the stars and knowing exactly who I am, smoking too much marijuana, not smoking enough, starting and quitting cigarette smoking, drinking alcohol until puking on the side of streets, having had 21 jobs (and maybe more), memorizing every Mac Dre song in the book, singing Pocahontas lyrics to my grandmother, fighting for social justice in Burma, speaking about Native American rights, giving up my body for the wrong reasons, and the right reasons, jumping in 4 different major oceans, drinking the purest of waters, dancing until in a trance, fearing to dance in front of others, crowd surfing with chains around my neck, bouncing to techno at 5 in the morning at warehouses in Oakland, making Varsity soccer as a freshman in high school, achieving straight A's my entire life, sticking up for as well as backing down for what I believe in, driving drunk, hating my sister, loving my sister, hating myself, loving myself, searching for myself, finding myself, leaving home with a backpack at the age of 22, and not returning until 24, realizing life is not a 9-5 job, making friends, losing friends, breaking hearts, giving too much, not giving enough, being pulled over by Colombian police, getting lost in Costa Rica alone and not knowing Spanish, putting faith into the universe, not having enough money to buy food, sleeping on the street, sleeping in palaces, eating way too much, not eating enough, reading the Quran, reading the Bible, studying yoga sutras, owning over 150 pairs of shoes, donating all those shoes a few years later, winning "best style" in school to not owning any colorful clothes, roadtripping to washington for no reason, hitch hiking across California, Mexico, and Central America, eating the strangest of foods, getting terribly, violently ill from eating those foods, being thankful for life, finding God, finding source, discovering my past lifes, swimming with dolphins, turtles, manta rays, getting stung by jellyfish, getting caught by cops for driving underage, stealing alcohol from the local stores, camping in 113 degree heat, hitting rock bottom and crying for weeks straight, not crying at all for months on end, climbing through golden pagodas of Burma, eating hot noodle soup in Taiwan, visiting the place of my fathers birth, learning about my German ancestry coming to America, hunting, fishing, learning how to play guitar, learning how to surf, modeling in magazines, getting in the car to drive nowhere, wearing $300 dresses, seeing the Dalai Lama speak in his hometown, becoming a manager of a store I knew nothing about, witnessing miracles happen before my eyes, everyday, every minute, every second, and much, much more........

I have one thing to say....After all my life experiences, after these eventful, action packed, fully lived 24 years of my life.....

We are all one. I am a bringer of light into this world, a gem from source, a beam of pure, soulful energy, love, and light, a childlike spirit with a fun, bright, willingness to learn and keep learning, on this mystical, magical, miraculous journey, and so are you. Thank you for being a reflection of me. On my day of re-birthing, I am so happy to share with you this joyous light, this godly light, this essence. We are all one people, one love, one light. No matter where I am in the world, and where you are, we are connected. No matter what phase I am in, and what phase you are in, we are connected. No matter what skill I am learning, or how much money I have, how much you have, what I own, what you own, we are all beings from the same earth mother, from the same creator, equal, and blessed to be sharing this beautiful experience. No matter what religion you and I practice, what cultures we come from, what foods we eat, we can share and learn and grow from one another.

I am so happy to be here on this earth. A light spreader. A vibrant, happy soul! And I am even more happy to be sharing it with you!!! I love you, from the bottom of my heart, the deepest core of my soul, I love you.

1 comment:

  1. this might be the best one yet jennifer xo loving you forever mi amiga - Abril

    ReplyDelete