Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Relationships


Relationships are healing lessons. Every relationship we have with someone is a reflection of ourselves in order to heal. Whenever we are angry or upset with another person, we must look within ourselves to find what it is internally that is revealing itself in order to heal. Usually, we are only angry, frustrated, upset, impatient, or whatever the case may be with others when we are feeling the same way with ourselves.

I've recently entered into a new relationship with an amazing partner. It's been exactly one moon cycle and we have spent almost everyday together, intensity and clarity being two major themes. In the beginning of this relationship, I shied away from being my whole self because I didn't want to overstep any boundaries, make my partner upset, or get into any fights. I compromised myself in order to see things run smoothly, or however I felt was smooth at the time. I didn't fully act myself and was cautious with every word I spoke, every sentence I formed, every thought I concluded. Things ran very smoothly, until I asked spirit for a cleanse, a purification. Be careful what you ask for. My request to spirit resulted in receiving lice and having a very strange inflammatory skin problem unmask itself on my face. These past few days have been spent with hot oil treatments, ridding my old habits of toxic facial cleansers, and ultimately forcing myself to look within to see what's been bottling up inside of me and reaching the surface in strange forms. All the while, my new partner and I have been dealing with patience, and seeing each other at our worst. Interestingly enough, what came up for me emotionally was that I had been compromising my true self and biting my tongue for a whole month that ended up resulting in purging of angry words and feeling overwhelmed, crying and upset. Simultaneously, my physical body was dealing with the same purging of huge red bumps all over my face and neck. Lesson learned: always be yourself, no matter who you're with, where you are, or what you are doing. Do not compromise your true self for anyone or anything. My partner loves me no matter what, in the highest and purest form of love possible, there is no need to compromise what I may believe to be wrong in his eyes. I only need to be the angel that god created me to be. Everything else will follow.

What an exciting time! Although my face is full of strange red bumps, and my scalp recovering from blood sucking bugs housing themselves among my hair follicles, I have been able to learn patience, and care, and see that my partner is here to help me learn about me, to reflect to me what I need to learn in my life now, in the present moment. And for this, I am so grateful.

What is your partner/friend/family member/co-worker revealing about you? Appreciate your relationships for being reflections of you. If it's not working out, take a minute to ponder on the idea that it may just be YOU creating problems, not your partner. It may hurt a bit, but in the end, we are all healing and learning and doing this together, in a quantum sense that the divine allows.

Feeling the flow of life on earth, in paradise, with clarity from spirit and revealing my gift to you,

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment