Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Freedom


As I was making a credit card payment online today, I noticed the advertisements on the Wells Fargo website to "reduce debt" in order to "set yourself free" from high payments and/or interest. There were pictures of people smiling with their arms open wide, accepting "freedom." What does it mean to set yourself free? Everyone has a different idea of freedom. For some, having meaningful, deep relationships is freedom. For some, it's owning a house where you can freely express your creativity through decorations, your family, cooking, etc. For some, it's not being in financial debt.

For me at this time, freedom is not being attached to worldly things. Freedom exists within myself, knowing that God is within me and that I am free to live the life I want. Freedom is able to express myself fully, speaking my truth all the time, and accepting that I am unique, different, and loved. We are all unique and play an equal role in this physical realm we call life; an equal role that is meant to be shared to help each other and learn from each other. Life is a big laboratory, an experiment, and we are all playing the game together, learning and sharing and teaching constantly.

I see God in you. I see Light in you. I see Good in you. I see Love in you. We are all as free as we want to be. I am so happy to feel free and blessed in this life.

1 comment:

  1. Namaste Jen, love it! you are an inspiration and a wonderful gift to this world <3 Keep living your truth and freedom and you are sure to help many people on this journey. ~ Summer :D

    ReplyDelete