Monday, March 15, 2010

Howard Thurman


A friend of mine shared this quote with me yesterday by Howard Thurman. I am very thankful to have heard it and hope it can inspire you as much as it has inspired me: “Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”

What do you think? For me, I have been feeling trapped lately, and this quote is helping to set me free. This is a funny thought: I want exactly what I have in my life right now. You want what you have. If you wanted something else, you would have something else. So do it. Go get what you want. Get rid of what you don't want, and begin to realize that you attract in your life what you do want. Be strong, and go for it. Take the chance. Dare to be different. You will find yourself a stronger person afterwards, regardless of the results. You have my support, and know that love is always there to guide you.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting balance to that quote is another quote:

    "The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet." Frederick Buechner

    Just more food for thought.

    ReplyDelete