Tuesday, July 13, 2010

One Step at a Time


Often times, I move from place to place very quickly. (India to Mexico to Hawaii to California, not to mention the various cities in each country). When I land in one destination, it's as if I am starting over, from scratch, rebuilding my life the way I want it, with new ideas, different perspectives, new friends, and new activities. Landing in a new location yields the opportunity to feel distressed, worried about making new friends, finding new hot spots, being the "new girl" in town. However, landing in a new location also allows me the opportunity to start fresh, to feel rejuvenated, to choose again. In life, we are always at choice. Each morning we wake up, we can choose how we want to see the world, how we want to act, who we want to mingle with, what music we want to listen to, what perspective we decide to hold.

My travels from place to place allow me to choose again constantly. Landing from place to place is simply a metaphor for each morning we arise here on earth. Every day is a brand new day, with new sunshine, new blossoms of flowers, new babies being born, new ideas, fresh, overflowing, abundant life! Landing from place to place teaches me that instead of obsessive over planning, trying to make things work in the way I want them to, I choose to allow the divine plan to work through me, taking each step at a time slowly, patiently, and with trust that the universe is here to help guide me and support me in my new destination. Every day we wake up, we are a new and vibrant being, ready to choose again. Taking one step at a time helps to reduce anxiety, stress, worry and fear for the future. There is no need to feel these things! Trust that God (or Good, the Holy Spirit, the Great Being) will take care of you, and choose again!

I am always at choice. You are always at choice. We can always choose again.

Jen

2 comments:

  1. Read ur blog and your way of understanding life is wonderful. How can i contact you. Can u mail me at tejashreyus@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! =) I truly appreciate the feedback. Love and light.

    ReplyDelete